Time management can be challenging. Time is precious, especially as you’re building and running a business. Productivity and efficiency can be in arms reach with the right daily habits.
Goals are important to help you find a path of growth. Whether personal goals or business goals it is important to know what you want, when you want it, and how to get there.
Goals should be SMART, Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.
It is important to know what tasks to need to be done first, which will take more time, what is urgent and what can wait.
- Create a list of tasks that need to be done
- Identify the most urgent tasks
- Assess value
- Which tasks are more important to the success of your business? Which tasks will have the most profit and return?
- Order tasks by estimated time
- Prioritize tasks that will take less time first. Thus giving you a chance to complete more tasks in any given time block.
- Be flexible
- Be okay with change to the plan as they come. It is important to be adaptable in keeping tasks, motivation, and productivity high.
There will be a time where you just do not have time, money, or motivation. As tasks come to you it is important to analyze their success and gain. If something is not going to help you, your business, then it may be absolutely necessary to just put it aside and say ‘no’
Delegate More Often
One person only has so many hands. There is a limit to how much you can do alone and a limit to how much time you have at your disposal. Delegate when you can and utilize those around you to help complete tasks.
Put a time limit on tasks
Based on your understanding of the task, set a time limit to complete it. Then create a schedule utilizing those time blocks for each task.
Plan your week on Sunday
To plan ahead of time, planning your week before it begins, will help you feel organized and in control. Tasks may change and shift but as they do you have some understanding of time blocks to utilize, how you can complete those tasks, and not let other balls drop.
Don’t Multi task
Multitasking actually slows you down and decreases the quality of your work. It is better to utilize time blocks to complete each task one at a time.
Sunrise VA Services