As social media has grown, utilizing social media for building brand awareness has become a must for businesses.
What is Social Media Management?
Social Media Management is the process of creating content, posting, analyzing, and engaging on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. For businesses social media marketing can be a huge game changer to building a brand and generating sales.
The reality today is a majority of those in your target audience are on one social media platform or another. A business with a social media marketing strategy can…
- Build brand recognition
- Build trust
- Increase visibility in Google
- Improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Increase website sales
- Drive traffic for in store sales
- Create a local fanbase
- Establish new partnerships
- Diversify your market
What Social Media Platforms are the Best for Your Target Audience?
Each social media platform, the major platforms being Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, each can have different demographics.
- Facebook is the most utilized platform between men and women, though women do have a tendency to be on Facebook more.
- 88% of 18-29-years old use Facebook
- 84% of 30-49-years old use Facebook
- 72% of 50-64-years old use Facebook
- 62% of 65+ use Facebook.
- Twitter has a substantially lower percentage of users but tends to be more popular with highly educated individuals.
- LinkedIn is most popular with college graduates or high earners. Men are slightly more likely to be using LinkedIn then women.
- Instagram has more female users then men and the age range is closest to 18-29 year olds.
- Pinterest is highest utilization from women.
How can a Social Media Manager (virtual assistant) help you create a winning social media strategy?
Social media managers are there to do many different tasks for your company to help create and follow a winning social media marketing strategy. There are many things a good social media manager should be for you and many tasks they will do to keep building your business brand.
A social media manager should be able to:
Social media posts with eye catching graphics have a higher rate of clicks and engagement. The better the image and message combination the better take away boosting sales, engagement, and analytics.
An Aptitude for Writing
A great social media manager is able to write well. This includes creating catching captions and other content, conveying a point or purpose, while being grammatically correct.
A Solid Understanding of SEO
Search Engine Optimization is important and as your business continues to build a brand and work towards driving traffic for online sales, SEO is a must.
Finding the perfect Virtual Assistant or Social Media Manager can be an arduous task. Take the time to find the perfect fit for you.
Sarah Church Carroll
Sunrise VA Services