What is SEO and Why is it important?
SEO, Search Engine Optimization, is the process of improving the performance of your website to improve visibility to search engines. SEO leads organic traffic to your website or brand. If you’re looking for a new way to gain visibility for your business, improving your SEO is a key to making sure your website is receiving organic content.
SEO is important for small business in many ways and is rooted in keywords and search terms that users type into their search engine. SEO considers how search engines work as a marketing strategy. Looking at the algorithms, search engine behavior, how and what people search for, keywords in order to lead your target audience to your website.
How can you improve your SEO?
- Using Google Analytics track metrics, these will help you understand your audience. Metrics can include what browser they’re using, most popular devices used to visit your site, referral traffic, what are they reading.
- Optimize your existing content. All the content on your website should be engaging and relevant to your industry. Update current content and make sure any new content fits those guidelines.
- Create content based on keyword research. By researching keywords searched within your industry you can create engaging content that will be found with that popular keyword.
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly. Most Google searches come from mobile devices. Make sure your website is responsive and all content works with small and large screens.
- Decrease load times. Loading times are the largest deterrent and cause of high bounce rates. Slow loading times increases the chances your visitors will leave your site.
We highly recommend that every small business has a website. The organic traffic from a website can help you build your business. The professionalism of a well-built site can leave a great first impression for potential customers/clients.