Running a business can have so many tasks and responsibilities. Often, we measure success year to year on our business growth. As the new year comes, are you looking to set new goals for your business? Then I pose one question, how can a virtual assistant help you meet those goals in 2022?
How to create your business goals for the new year?
When you’re looking to set goals for the new year it’s important to make sure you’re clear and measurable.
- State what you want in simple terms.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses to meeting that goal.
- What are your resources?
- What do you need to do, buy, delegate, to reach those goals?
If you followed the 4 steps above, you now have a list of what you want for your business. You also know strengths, weaknesses, resources, and how to fix any pitfalls for you to reach those goals. Now, how to you remain accountable.
Be honest with yourself. Yes, you have strengths and talents, but you also have areas you struggle with. How can you make sure those struggles are still being taken care of? Who could help you in those areas?
Set deadlines and commit to a schedule for each goal.
Create micro-goals. It can be overwhelming when the end goal has a large list of tasks to do. Chip away at your list by setting yourself smaller goals that help you step to the end goal.
Celebrate each little win.
Get yourself an accountability partner, someone committed to helping you reach your goals. (A virtual assistant can be a wonderful accountability partner).
What is a virtual assistant?
A virtual assistant is an independent contractor who provides administrative, marketing, design, and other services for small businesses virtually.
Some of the advantages to hiring a virtual assistant include:
- Experience: Virtual assistants most often specialize in a particular area.
- No physical space is required: Virtual assistants work remotely. You do not have to have office space for them to work for you.
- Save Money and Time: Virtual assistants can work based on package rates or hourly rates. Either way when you hire a virtual assistant you are only paying them for the work needed, saving time and money instead of hiring a full-time in person administrative assistant.
- Increase productivity: When you’re able to delegate tasks to your virtual assistant it frees up your time for more productivity. Clear your to do list for more important tasks that are geared to growing your business.